Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Free App Reviews

This week, I got the opportunity to check out a few free applications that can be used for both teaching and personal use.  In the office suite category I choose to look at Google Documents, I have heard others mention it and Google seems to know what they are doing so I figured why not.  Google Docs ended up being very user friendly, I didn't even have to google a how to video.  I could easily see myself using Google Docs to create presentations, spreadsheets, or word documents.  I found that being able to access your docs on any computer to be a plus; there have been multiple times where I have forgotten to save to my flash drive and gotten to school without my work.  I also thought this feature was genius since you can allow access to others who can go in and edit the document.  This could be used with co-workers or students who are working in groups to complete a project.

The image editor program I chose to review was Phixr.  This program was also user friendly.  I easily uploaded a photo from my computer and began to play.  Phixr offers a variety of ways to alter a photo whether you want to add text, frames, or change the colors.  When you have finished your photo, you have the option to save it, email it, or upload it to a variety of sites.  I was hoping to add it here but Blogger is not a choice, so I saved it and inserted the image.  I could not think of an educational use for this program with my students in science but plan on using this free program for personal use.  Both of these programs being free is great! 

 Here is Lloyd!

No comments:

Post a Comment